By: UNITS® Moving and Portable Storage | 1 Shares 80 readings
UNITS provides a solution for major renovation
June 07, 2022 // Franchising.com // CHARLESTON, SC – UNITS Moving and Portable Storage reports that the big renovation is in effect nationwide.
Tight housing markets are giving way to soaring renovation projects. Home renovations are expected to top $380 billion by the middle of next year, up nearly 10% from 2021.
Many who initially wanted to find a new home decided to stay put and renovate. Here’s why:
- Fewer homes to buy. Low housing inventory has become frustrating for those looking to buy or move, and they are looking to fall in love with their home all over again.
- Price up. Housing prices are not the only ones to rise. Mortgage rates are at their highest level since 2009, recently hitting 5.5%, up more than two percentage points since the start of the year.
- More equity available. The benefit of rising house prices is greater equity available to many homeowners. Many choose to take money out of their homes and spend it on renovations.
There are a few challenges for today’s renovation projects; Due to labor shortages and supply chain disruptions, you may experience long lead times and delays.
Another issue is storage. During renovations, especially those that last longer than expected, homeowners need affordable and practical storage solutions. Personal items and furniture should be packed to provide enough space for the work to be done and to avoid construction dust and potential damage to personal effects.
UNITS Moving and Portable Storage has seen an increase in homeowners renovating and looking for portable storage containers to keep right on their property, where they can stay for weeks or months depending on the duration of the renovation project.
“Our customers appreciate the convenience of having their belongings securely wrapped right on site, in their driveway or backyard,” said Wade Malloch, UNITS Director of Operations. “That way, if the renovation takes a little longer than expected, they have easy access to access their stuff when they need it. In addition, once the renovation is complete, owners have the flexibility to move into their properties at their own pace, according to their schedule. »
UNITS has a number of important packing tips for its customers to maximize space and minimize damage or breakage.
- Do not overload a box so much that you cannot lift it.
- Use squares of the same size to equalize the space.
- When packing a kitchen, pack horizontally rather than vertically to prevent breakage.
- Disassemble your furniture to avoid scratches and damage.
- Store next season’s items closer to the front for easier access.
SOURCE UNITS® Mobile and Portable Storage
comments powered by